BEA Home Page
June 3, 2003Top of Page
Dear Staff Member of Brockton Public Schools:
I am writing to you on behalf of the Attire for Hire program. This important program represents a broad coalition of concerned organizations within the Brockton Area, including Brockton Public Schools, that have joined together to provide business attire at no cost for individuals who are entering or reentering the work force. Over the past two years, Attire for Hire has assisted hundreds of individuals who are preparing in this regard, and many more need our services. This large group of clients depends greatly on the generosity of individuals like you who live and work in our community and who are willing to donate men's and women's business attire that is suitable for job interviews. We are grateful for the past support of the Brockton Public Schools, especially your Superintendent.
The program has moved from its original downtown location to 410 Belmont Street in Brockton adjacent to the Brockton Fairgrounds. we anticipate reopening our shop at our new location in a few weeks. We need your help to continue supporting those individuals who are preparing for job interviews.
As a personal favor, I am asking that you look through your clothing closets and make a tax deductible donation of business attire to the Attire for Hire program. The program has formed a very dedicated Steering Committee of community volunteers that has created the following criteria for donations. All items must be in style and dry cleaned on a hanger and bagged. The list of suitable clothing that we are in need of is listed below:
- Spring and/or summer clothing only
- Spring and/or summer suits with matching pants or skirts in dark colors (black, navy, gray, tan, or brown) or tweeds/plaids in professional design and colors
- Dress blouses in white, off-white, light blue, yellow or gray colors
- Light weight blazers in white, tan, or light blue with matching dress slacks
- Solid color slacks; skirts in black, navy, gray, tan, or brown
- Blazers in solid colors or tweeds/plaids in professional design and colors
- Business suits in solid colors
- Blue or dark blazers with or without dress slacks
- White or blue dress shirts
- Dark colored dress slacks (navy, black, brown, gray)
Since Brockton Area Multi-Services, Inc. is a non-profit corporation, all donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
To assist us in the process of stocking the store, we request that you drop off all donations of clothing at our Brockton Employment Services location, 375 Westgate Drive in Brockton, on Tuesdays between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., or at Attire for Hire located at 410 Belmont Street in Brockton, on Wednesdays between the hours of 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Thank you for your consideration in helping to make Attire for Hire a success.
Chief Executive Officer